CommonwealthFirst Mentorship Disclaimer
The relationship between the mentor and mentee (“the parties”) is undertaken entirely at the risk of both parties and Commonwealth Enterprise & Investment Council or any of its programme partners, implementers, agencies, or any third party are not in any way liable for any outcomes, including financial consequences, between the parties. This includes any loss, damage, cost or other liability which occurs as a result of, or in connection with providing mentoring services.
Mentors should limit their mentoring to helping mentees with their decision making process and not to provide advice on decisions the Mentee may take. Supplying mentoring advice does not represent financial, management or consultancy advice. Furthermore, the Mentor is not responsible for the accuracy or completeness of any information provided to the Mentee. The Mentee is advised to take suitable independent professional advice before acting on any information, suggestion, guidance, or introduction provided by the Mentor. The Mentor will not, in any circumstances, be liable to the Mentee or to any third party for any loss, damage, cost or other liability which occurs as a result of, or in connection with providing mentoring services to the Mentee.
Visit our CommonwealthFirst mentors’ page: click here!
CommonwealthFirst Website Terms & Conditions
Why should I read them?
- Acceptance of Terms
The rest of the TOU is broken into a number of different sections:
- CommonwealthFirst’s obligation to you
- Security and user privacy
- CommonwealthFirst proprietary rights
- Disclaimer of Warranties
- Limitation of liability
- Modification and Termination of the service
- Modifications to the TOU
- TOU Violations
- Termination of Use
- Entire Agreement
- Governing law
- Online content and data protection
- CommonwealthFirst obligation to you
Subject to the TOU, CommonwealthFirst will:
- Inform you of any changes to the TOU from time to time.
- Remind you of aspects of your obligation to CommonwealthFirst at appropriate times during your use of the Service.
- In conjunction with the Data Protection Act (1988) treat your personal information in a responsible manner. See Security and Member Privacy.
- Supply you with access to an on-line facility to network with contacts and contacts of contacts.
- Supply the Service using operating procedures designed to ensure the Service’s security and System availability.
- Answer any queries you have regarding the TOU, Service and the operation of your account.
- Security and User Privacy
CommonwealthFirst has put in place security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of information collected. A ‘firewall’ (an internet security device) sits between the CommonwealthFirst website and the Internet to help prevent any unauthorized user from accessing any data.
You agree that CommonwealthFirst and its authorised employees can access your data, including its contents as stated above, or to respond to support queries or technical issues or to fulfil the obligations under this Agreement.
CommonwealthFirst reserves the right at all times to monitor, review, retain, and/or disclose in good faith any information it believes in good faith that such action or disclosure is necessary to conform to legal and government requirements, or to protect and defend the rights or property of CommonwealthFirst or enforce the TOU.
CommonwealthFirst reserves the right to collect and distribute non-personal demographic information to third parties. As such this information would not contain any information that would allow your identity to be deduced.
- CommonwealthFirst’ Proprietary Rights
You acknowledge and agree that the CommonwealthFirst content including but not limited to (1) text, (2) software, (3) photographs, (4) graphics (including images and logos), (5) page layout (6) design presented through and as part of the Service by CommonwealthFirst is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, or other proprietary rights and laws.
Such content received through the Service may be displayed, reformatted, and printed by you for your personal, non-commercial use only and at all times used solely in connection with the Service in accordance with the TOU.
Certain names, logos, and other materials displayed on the CommonwealthFirst web site constitute trademarks, copyright and other intellectual property collectively referred to as ‘IP rights’ of CommonwealthFirst. Ownership of such IP rights remains with CommonwealthFirst. You are authorised to use such IP rights during the process of promoting and using the CommonwealthFirst service hosted by the Service.
Links to third party websites are provided for information only and do not imply an approval/endorsement of the site. CommonwealthFirst is not responsible for the contents of any linked site and shall be under no liability arising from your use of these sites.
- Disclaimer of Warranties
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk.
- The Service is provided on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis and the warranties on the part of CommonwealthFirst contained in this TOU are given in place of and replace, exclude and extinguish all and every other condition or warranty whatsoever on the part of CommonwealthFirst, written or oral, whether express or implied by statute, regulation, directive or any other legislative or administrative enactment, common law, trade usage, custom or otherwise to the full extent permitted by law.
- The information and content included in/available through the Service may include inaccuracies or typographical errors.
- Changes are periodically added to the information contained with the Service and CommonwealthFirst and/or its respective suppliers may make improvements and/or changes in the Service at any time.
- No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from CommonwealthFirst or through the Service shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the TOU.
Except as otherwise expressly provided in the TOU, CommonwealthFirst does NOT represent or warrant that:
- The Service will meet your requirements.
- The Service will be uninterrupted or error-free, timely or secure.
- Defects or errors will be corrected, or that the Service or the server that makes it available, are free of viruses or other harmful components.
- The use of or the results of the use of the Service or the content made available as part of the Service will be correct, accurate, timely, or otherwise reliable.
- The content of the Service input by other members is correct or accurate.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- YOU AGREE THAT CommonwealthFirst SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR:
- PROVIDED THAT CommonwealthFirst HAS FULFILLED ITS SECURITY OBLIGATIONS, UNAUTHORISED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, ANY MATERIAL OR DATA SENT OR RECEIVED OR NOT SENT OR RECEIVED, OR ANY TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH THE SERVICE.
- ANY THREATENING, DEFAMATORY, OBSCENE, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONTENT, SAVE THAT CommonwealthFirst SHALL BE ENTITLED TO REMOVE IT IN ALL PRACTICABLE SPEED AFTER CommonwealthFirst HAS BEEN NOTIFIED IN WRITING OF ITS PRESENCE ON THE SITE.
- CONDUCT OF ANY OTHER USER OR ANY INFRINGEMENT OF ANOTHER’S RIGHTS, INCLUDING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS.
- ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION:
- DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF USE;
- DATA GOODWILL;
- PROFITS, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES;
ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH:
- USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICE OR RELATED WEBSITES;
- DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE OR RELATED WEBSITES;
- PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE SERVICES, INFORMATION OR SOFTWARE;
- SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE, OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THE SERVICE;
- DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION;
- COMPUTER VIRUS;
- COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE;
- DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS;
WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE – EVEN IF CommonwealthFirst OR ANY OF ITS SUPPLIERS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES.
- IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SERVICE OR ANY PART OF THE SERVICE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SERVICE AND ITS RELATED WEBSITE.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless CommonwealthFirst, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers and employees from any claim, demand, or damage, including reasonable legal fees, asserted by any third party due to or arising out of your use of or conduct on the Service.
- Modification and Termination of the Service
You agree that CommonwealthFirst, in its sole discretion, may terminate use of the Service, and remove and discard any content within the Service, for any reason, including without limitation, if CommonwealthFirst believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of the TOU.
CommonwealthFirst may also, in its sole discretion and at any time, discontinue temporarily or permanently providing the Service, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of access to the Service under any provision of the TOU may be effected without notice.
Further you agree that CommonwealthFirst shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination or suspension of access to the Service or modification of the Service.
- Modifications to the TOU
CommonwealthFirst reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that Web-COSI shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or discontinuance of the Service.
- TOU Violations
Please report any violations of the TOU to Customer Support at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Termination of Use
You agree that CommonwealthFirst, in its sole discretion, may terminate all or part of your user access, application submission, registration, profile (or any part thereof) or use of the Service, and remove and discard any Content within the Service, for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use or if CommonwealthFirst believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of the TOU.
CommonwealthFirst may in its sole discretion, and at any time discontinue providing the Service, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to the Service under any provision of this TOU may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that CommonwealthFirst may immediately deactivate or delete your profile and all related information and files in your account and/or bar any further access to such files or the Service. Further, you agree that CommonwealthFirst shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Service
- Entire Agreement
These TOU constitute the entire agreement between CommonwealthFirst and the user and supersede any previous agreement or understanding between CommonwealthFirst and the user.
- Governing Law
These TOU shall be governed in all respects by English Law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. It complies with the treatment of information under the data protection law (1988)
- Online Content and Data Protection
Opinions, advice, statements, offers, and other content made available through the Service, but not directly by us, are those of their respective authors, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors are solely responsible for such content. The accuracy, completeness, usefulness of any of the information herein is not guaranteed. Neither does CommonwealthFirst endorse/take responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, and statement made by parties other than us.
CommonwealthFirst is not responsible for any loss, damage resulting from anyone’s reliance on information or other content posted on the service, or transmitted to members.
CommonwealthFirst reserves the right, but have no obligation, to monitor the materials posted in the public areas of the service.
CommonwealthFirst reserve the right to remove material, which, in its sole discretion, violates the law or this agreement. Notwithstanding this right, you remain solely responsible for the content of the materials you post in the public areas of the service.
All content on the site is to the best of CommonwealthFirst knowledge, timely and accurate when issues.